The 40th Anniversary of the DMAW MAXI Awards
2019 DMAW MAXI Award Competition
Marketing Award for eXcellence & Innovation
Deadline for Entries: COB, Friday, February 22, 2019
How to Successfully Complete Your
MAXI Award Entry Form!
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 | 12-1PM EST | Register today!
Not able to attend the webinar? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording!
Winning a coveted MAXI Award allows you to demonstrate to your prospective and current clients, that you produce award-winning, results-oriented campaigns! It’s also a great way to boost your marketing team and encourage them to do more great work!
You can’t win if you don’t enter! More than just a contest for cute art or design, this is a competition for real direct response professionals who know that winning only comes to those who get results.
For 40 years, DMAW has recognized excellence and innovation in marketing, and in today’s competitive, tough market that recognition could be just the edge your agency or company needs to stand out among all the others!
The annual MAXI Award Competition is open to everyone! All entries are judged anonymously by practicing direct marketers – including a panel of out-of-town judges – to ensure that all entries receive an equal chance of winning based on established criteria. Since entries do not compete head-to-head, a small agency or firm is as likely to win as a national firm.
NEW THIS YEAR!
There are now four entry fee levels:
- DMAW Member – $125 per entry
- NonMember – $175 per entry
- NonProfit Fee – $95 per entry
- And a NEW Special Fee – Submit 5 Entries & Get a 6th Entry FREE!
HOW TO ENTER
Step 1 – Read the rules!
Download 2019 DMAW MAXI Award Rules for Entry and Ethics Statement and read them carefully – you don’t want to inadvertently disqualify your entry!
Step 2 – Complete an Application Form for each submission
Download the 2019 DMAW MAXI Application Form and complete it for your submission – we need to know who you are!
Step 3 – Select your campaign from the appropriate entry form below:
- Direct Mail NonProfit Form
- Direct Mail Commercial Form
- Multi-Channel – use this form when more than one channel is used, e.g., direct mail and email
- Digital Media – use this form when you want to showcase only ONE digital channel such as email, mobile, web, etc.
- DRTV AND/OR DR RADIO – this form is for direct response television or direct response radio campaigns.
- Telemarketing – use this form for the telemarketing campaigns you conduct
- Workhorse – use this form for a control or other direct mail package used for several years. Your results for 2016, 2017 & 2018 will need to be reported!
- Email Workhorse – use this form for an email campaign used for 2016, 2017 & 2018.
**The Application Form and Entry Forms are pdf form fill-ins – fill them out on your computer, SAVE them, print them and send the forms with your entry. You may also print out the forms and clearly hand-write your information.
Eligible campaigns must have been executed between November 2017-December 2018 except for the workhorse, which requires 3 years of results.
THE 10 MOST POPULAR WAYS TO GET YOUR
MAXI ENTRY DISQUALIFIED!
- Forget to black out your agency’s name on your entry samples.
9. Forget to send three samples with your three entry forms.
8. Tell us that a campaign had no expenses!
7. The data in the Step 4 and/or Step 5 and the information provided in the narrative/description do not match.
6. Forget to include payment with your entry form.
5. Forget to black your agency’s name! (Are you getting the point on this one?!)
4. Select the Multi-Channel entry form and provide information for only ONE CHANNEL!
3. Forget to include an Application Form.
2. Disregard the NEW 500 word limit when completing Campaign DETAILS.
AND THE MOST POPULAR WAY TO BE DISQUALIFIED IS:
- Tell us the data is proprietary and don’t provide results! MAXIs are judged on results – we need those!
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WIN!
40th Annual MAXI Awards Ceremony
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
Gaylord National Hotel & Conference Center
Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be presented at the MAXI Awards Ceremony, Wednesday, July 10, at the Gaylord National Hotel & Conference Center. As a winner, you will be presented with an award engraved with words that mean a great deal to professionals in our industry: “In Recognition of Outstanding Achievement in Direct Marketing.”
Your winning work(s!) will be published in our annual MAXI Awards program book. Furthermore, during the 14th Annual Bridge to Integrated Marketing and Fundraising Conference, your award-winning campaign will be showcased in front of thousands of top direct marketing professionals gathered to honor and learn from the best talent in our industry.
SOMETHING EXTRA SPECIAL COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!
If the judges view your winning campaign as a BIG IDEA – meaning it scored high in results and was truly a successful campaign with strong creative, then you will be recognized again with the Big Idea Award!