2018 DMAW MAXI Award Competition
Marketing Award for eXcellence & Innovation
How to Successfully Complete Your
MAXI Award Entry Form!
If you missed it, view the recording here.
Enter the 2018 DMAW MAXI Award Competition! Winning allows you to demonstrate to your prospective and current clients, that you produce award-winning, results-oriented campaigns! It’s also a great way to boost your marketing team and encourage them to do more great work!
More than just a contest for cute art or design, this is a competition for real direct response professionals who know that winning only comes to those who get results.
For 39 years now, the DMAW has been recognizing excellence and innovation in marketing, and in today’s competitive, tough market that recognition could be just the edge your agency or company needs to stand out among all the others!
The annual MAXI Award Competition is open to everyone! All entries are judged anonymously by practicing direct marketers – including a panel of out-of-town judges – to ensure that all entries receive an equal chance of winning based on established criteria. Since entries do not compete head-to-head, a small agency or firm is as likely to win as a national firm.
NEW THIS YEAR!
There are now three entry fee levels:
- DMAW Member – $125 per entry
- NonMember – $175 per entry
- And a NEW NonProfit Fee – $95 per entry
HOW TO ENTER!
Step 3 – Select your campaign from the appropriate entry form below*:
- Direct Mail Non-Commercial Form
- Direct Mail Commercial Form
- Multi-Channel – use this form when more than one channel is used, e.g., direct mail and email
- Digital Media – use this form when you use only ONE Digital channel such as email, mobile, web, etc.
- DRTV AND/OR DR RADIO – this form is for direct response television or direct response radio campaigns.
- Telemarketing – use this form for the telemarketing campaigns you conduct
- Workhorse – use this form for a control or other Direct Mail package used for several years. Report your results for 2015, 2016 & 2017 here.
- Email Workhorse – use this form for an email campaign used for several years. Report your results for 2015, 2016 & 2017 here.
**The Application Form and Entry Forms are pdf form fill-ins – fill them out on your computer, SAVE them, print them and send the forms attached to your entry. You may also print out the forms and clearly hand-write your information.**
Eligible campaigns must have been executed between November 2016-December 2017 except for the workhorse, which requires 3 years of results.
THE 10 MOST POPULAR WAYS TO GET YOUR
MAXI ENTRY DISQUALIFIED!
10. Don’t black out your agency’s name.
9. Don’t send three samples with your entry form.
8. Tell us that a campaign had no expenses!
7. The data in the results section and the data information in the descriptive section don’t match!
6. Don’t send payment with your entry form.
5. Don’t black your agency’s name! (Are you getting the point on this one?!)
4. Select the multi-channel entry form and provide information for only ONE CHANNEL!
3. Don’t complete an application form.
2. Don’t provide all of the necessary data in the results section.
AND THE MOST POPULAR WAY TO BE DISQUALIFIED IS:
1. Don’t black out your agency’s name!
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WIN!
39th Annual MAXI Awards Ceremony
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Gaylord National Hotel & Conference Center
Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be presented at the MAXI Awards Ceremony, Tuesday, July 31, at the Gaylord National Hotel & Conference Center. As a winner, you will be presented with an award engraved with words that mean a great deal to professionals in our industry: “In Recognition of Outstanding Achievement in Direct Marketing.”
Your winning work(s!) will be published in our annual MAXI Awards program book. Furthermore, during the 14th Annual Bridge to Integrated Marketing and Fundraising Conference, your award-winning campaign will be showcased in front of thousands of top direct marketing professionals gathered to honor and learn from the best talent in our industry.
SOMETHING EXTRA SPECIAL COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!
If the judges view your winning campaign as a BIG IDEA – meaning it scored high in results and was truly a successful campaign with strong creative, then you will be recognized again with the Big Idea Award!