2017 DMAW MAXI AWARD COMPETITION
Marketing Award for eXcellence & Innovation
Deadline for Entries
Friday, March 10, 2017!
Two Special Activities to help you complete your application!
Enter the 2017 DMAW MAXI Award Competition! Winning allows you to demonstrate to your prospective and current clients, that you produce award-winning, results-oriented campaigns! It’s also a great way to boost your marketing team and encourage them to do more great work!
More than just a contest for cute art or design, this is a competition for real direct response professionals who know that winning only comes to those who get results.
For 38 years now, the DMAW has been recognizing excellence and innovation in marketing, and in today’s competitive, tough market that recognition could be just the edge your agency or company needs to stand out among all the others!
The annual MAXI Award Competition is open to everyone! All entries are judged anonymously by practicing direct marketers – including a panel of out-of-town judges – to ensure that all entries receive an equal chance of winning based on established criteria. Since entries do not compete head-to-head, a small agency or firm is as likely to win as a national firm.
HOW TO ENTER!
Step 1 – Read the rules!
Download 2017 DMAW MAXI Award Rules and read them carefully – you don’t want to inadvertently disqualify your entry!
Step 2 – Complete an Application Form for each submission
Download the 2017 DMAW MAXI Application Form* and complete it for your submission – we need to know who you are!
Step 3 – Enter via one of five (5) channels or a Workhorse campaign– just select the appropriate entry form*:
- Direct Mail – use this form for only direct mail campaigns:
- Multi-Channel – use this form when more than one channel is used, e.g., direct mail and email
- Digital Media – when you use ONE digital media, such as, email, mobile, web, etc., use this form
- DRTV AND/OR DR RADIO – this form is for direct response television campaigns.
- Telemarketing – this form is for those telemarketing campaigns you conducted
- Workhorse – if you have an ongoing Direct Mail Campaign used for 2014, 2015 & 2016 (three years required) and it has been your workhorse, then use this form.
Eligible campaigns must have been executed between November 2015-December 2016 (except for the workhorse, which requires 3 years of results) for associations, nonprofits (501(c)3 or (c)4), political candidates or parties, PACs or 527’s, B2B, B2C or B2G.
*The Application Form and each Entry Form are pdf form fill-ins – fill them in on your computer, save them, print them and send the form in with your entry. You may also print out the form and clearly hand-write your information.
THE 10 MOST POPULAR WAYS TO GET YOUR
MAXI ENTRY DISQUALIFIED!
10. Don’t black out your agency’s name.
9. Don’t send three samples with your entry form.
8. Tell us that a campaign had no expenses!
7. The data in the results section and the data information in the descriptive section don’t match!
6. Don’t send payment with your entry form.
5. Don’t black your agency’s name! (Are you getting the point on this one?!)
4. Select the multi-channel entry form and provide information for only ONE CHANNEL!
3. Don’t complete an application form.
2. Don’t provide all of the necessary data in the results section.
AND THE MOST POPULAR WAY TO BE DISQUALIFIED IS:
1. Don’t black out your agency’s name!
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WIN!
38th Annual MAXI Awards Ceremony
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Gaylord National Hotel & Conference Center
Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be presented at the MAXI Awards Ceremony, Wednesday, August 2, at the Gaylord National Hotel & Conference Center. As a winner you will be presented with an award engraved with words that mean a great deal to professionals in our industry: “In Recognition of Outstanding Achievement in Direct Marketing.”
Your winning work(s!) will be published in our annual MAXI award book. Furthermore, during the 12th Annual Bridge to Integrated Marketing and Fundraising Conference, your award-winning campaign will be showcased in front of thousands of top direct marketing professionals gathered to honor and learn from the best talent in our industry.
SOMETHING EXTRA SPECIAL COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!
If the judges view your winning campaign as a BIG IDEA – meaning it scored high in results and was truly a successful campaign with strong creative, then you will be recognized again with the Big Idea Award!