Last year, DMAW and the DMAW Educational Foundation had their inaugural “Best of Direct” event recognizing leaders and volunteers. Several notable awards are given each year at this event. The following is a list of awards given as well as the 2009 recipient.
- DMAW Award for Distinguished Achievement in Direct Marketing: Rick Whelan, President, Marketing General Incorporated
- DMAW Emerging Leader: Mikaela King, Director of Online Marketing, CDR Fundraising Group
- DMAW Rising Star: Barb Perell, Director Online Fundraising, Avalon Consulting Group
- DMAW Vendor of the Year: Directmail.com – Kirk Swain
- DMAW Volunteer of the Year: Geoff Peters, President, CDR Fundraising Group
Other awards given include:
- DMAW-EF Sisk Award for Direct Marketing Vision
- DMAW-EF John Swain Memorial Scholarship
- DMAW-EF O’Hara Leadership Award, and
- DMAW-EF Joan Throckmorton Award for Creative Excellence.
I have to admit, I was blown away by this event – and not because I was on the planning committee. In this fast-paced electronic communication world, I had forgotten how great it was to see my colleagues.
Why talk about last year? Because as you choose where to invest this year, it’s important to remember what has paid off.